We want to connect to organisations, charities, people who have disabilities, businesses, corporations, networks as well as arts and heritage.
We want to share knowledge and raise the profiles of organisations to promote opportunities to work together to create more inclusive spaces. We want to show the importance of diverse workplaces to create better and more inclusive recruitment, training and retention methods.
We are interested in your videos, podcasts and articles to raise awareness of conditions, mental health and physical disabilities and the social barriers that can effect peoples visits to public spaces including parks, museums, art galleries, arts and heritage organisations.
We are not a political organisation, but recognise that social and attitudinal barriers can dramatically effect lives. We are dedicated to do our part to influence positive change and develop inclusive standards to break down social and attitudinal barriers in public spaces.
We are interested in peoples work in promoting inclusive practice for universal design.
Your contribution could be:
- Your project: what did you do, what did you learn and what were the outcomes.
- Talks: Have you contributed a talk, please share it with us and tell us the outcomes.
- Your opinions: we want to show the impact of poor and positive design and consultation.
- Please let us know your thoughts about assistive technology, inclusive practice, social barriers and raising the social identity and universal design.
- Academic study: we are particularly interested in people studying the history of disability and social barriers.
- How Tos: Do you have any recommendations, tips and advice to museums, arts and heritage.
We are looking for:
- Videos, podcasts and text.
- Text should be up to 600 words with supporting images. Please ensure that you have permission to share them.
- Please avoid jargon and museum speak; please use I and we and write on your own experience.
- Don’t forget to tell us who you are and what your article is about, this can be in the shape of bulletpoints, before the main text.
If you need further advice or information please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org