Date: 06 September 2018 Time: 10.00 to 13.30
Location: Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD
Disability Confident is a government scheme that is designed to help organisations recruit and retain disabled people and people with health conditions for their skills and talent. Currently only a small number of museums have signed up to Disability Confident, this event is to support those in the museum sector who are interested in what the scheme entails.
During the event we will:
- explore the benefits of being a Disability Confident employer.
- examine the Disability Confident journey through case studies from the Tate and the Victoria & Albert Museum.
- explore barriers and solutions to becoming a Disability Confident employer: from the perspectives from an employer and employee.
Outcomes you will take away from the event:
- Have a better understanding of Disability Confident scheme
- Enable your museum to become a Disability Confident employer
- Develop an action plan of where to start
- Develop a peer to peer support network
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at decision makers (managers, officers, HR, directors etc.) working in museums who are interested in access and inclusion of disabled people in the workplace.
How to book? https://www.eventbrite.com/e/what-is-a-disability-confident-museum-tickets-46532142892
Please note places are limited so booking as early as possible is advisable. There is a limit to two people per organisation. Stagetext will be provided. The venue is accessible.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.